GERMAN COCKROACH CONTROL MEASURES
- Thorough cleaning will deprive German Cockroach of their food source. Food splatters should be cleaned up promptly on cupboard doors, stoves, floors back of fridge & seals.
- Sealing openings will prevent German Cockroach from the interior of the home and eliminate harbourage.
- Avoid allowing clutter of newspapers, magazines, or piles of clothing to accumulate. This will also reduce harbourage.
- Garbage should be in sealed bins and moved out of the house in the evening.
- Pet food should not be left out continuously, but picked up after feeding.
- Repair any leaking plumbing. This will deprive the German Cockroach of water.
- Check incoming boxes or bags of groceries or other materials to prevent bringing German Cockroach in with them. This includes person items, fruit boxes, open food and spice packets in pantry
IMPORTANCE OF COCKROACH CONTROL
German Cockroach are mechanical carriers of disease causing organisms. They are capable of spreading many diseases.
- German Cockroach can spread food poisoning Salmonella bacteria & have also been implicated in allergic reactions.
- German Cockroach also consume human food, so by leaving food out you are feeding them
- German Cockroach have been found to short circuit electrical appliances causing fires & breakdowns in ovens, fridge motors, microwave oven clocks.